Thursday, January 5, 2012

Speeches, Soup and Socializing

Still not quite up to snuff.  Today was the Toastmaster's meeting though, and I'm feeling a lot better than I have the rest of this week, so I ventured back out into the Not My Apartment.

The meeting was fun, mostly because I did not give a speech.  Once I become an official member, I will give a speech as often as possible.  Maybe the more I do them, the less terrifying they will be.  My theory is that once I have a lot of practice with speeches, everything else in life will be easier too.

A close approximation of the
Italian Wedding Soup we had at Facci's
It worked out that I could meet my friend for lunch after the meeting.  We both in the mood for soup.  She ordered the sensible and delicious Italian wedding soup, and I threw caution to the wind and got the cream of crab.  Very decadent and scrumptious.

The special soup was my way of celebrating the completion of my third independent study.   I am rounding the last bend towards getting that Master's degree in June!!  One more independent study left to do, and then a big project and I'm done.  Yay!

Today's walk was rather short but it still counts!  The weather was much nicer and I'm impressed that I've kept my commitment for (I think) 7 days!  Definitely a longer streak than anytime since my dog was ensuring I went out every day.  I'm optimistic that I will be able to keep this up.

2 comments: