Saturday, December 31, 2011

The First Small Glitch

And now I see why taking a walk every day is going to be so challenging:

It's only the second day of my Warming Up phase, and I wore myself out yesterday and woke up with a headache today.   Headaches are good reasons not to go for walks, right? 

Not anymore!

My typical pattern goes like this:  Make a commitment to do something positive and healthy for myself while I am feeling quite good.  Wake up one morning not feeling quite so peppy.  Lose track of the motivation to stick to the commitment.  And eventually decide that wasn't a very good idea in the first place, so why bother?

I am going to foil that process this time, though!  Because I am blogging about it!  My followers would be disappointed!

It is easier to get out there and walk today, even with a headache, because I've made this commitment openly.  Left to myself, I'll always find a perfectly logical reason to "forget" and stay in my familiar comfort zone.

Feel free to leave comments, followers!  (encouraging words, tips, questions...)

1 comment:

  1. Walk On! I never regret a day when I exercise. Although I always regret when I don't.

    ReplyDelete